If there’s one thing we’ve learned in our four decades on earth, it’s that you can’t change the laws of physics, the ways of big business or the dealings of politics. There’s just no way.
So, we try to content ourselves with finding nice things to look at in the fringe, the ephemere, the seemingly unimportant. Comics mostly, but also illustration, advertising, tagging, stamps, whatever. The Ephemerist started as a Yahoo group in 2002, focusing on comics art. We try to keep this site a bit more general, and a bit more personal. And we seem to be doing OK…
But by all means, don’t take our word for it ! Listen to these luminaries :
- Derik A. Badman links to us !
- And so does Quiddity !
- The Floating Lightbulb recommends us !
- Floatingheat stumbled us !
- Heidi McDonald actually reads us !
- As does Stuart Immonen !
- Teilzeitgigant even ranks us amongst its “Wonderful Human Beings” !
- Steve “Gad, Sir” Flanagan has us in his sidebar !
- And Marco Milone of the delightful Mellart as well !
- Matt Madden plugged us !
- And according to Planet Krypton, we rank among “Otros sitios interesantes”
- We’re on the blogroll of Adam Tree and of the wonderful Blue Tea, which are totally unrelated !
- We’re also in Warren Peace‘s Link-a-rama !
- Charlie Gower loves us and we love him back.
- According to Mr McGinnis of Print Fetish, this “is a blog I’ve been enjoying that shows cool comics, illustration, advertising and various cool junk.”
- The Department of Lunch likes us – no, loves us !
- We are amongst Pop Sensation‘s Rex Parker’s “Like Minds” !
- Même BoDoï nous aime ! We are “tres chouette” !
- According to The Bygone Bureau, we are “Always delightful” !
If you know of ephemeral stuff that might interest us (webcomics, comics appearing in magazines, illustrations, etc.), don’t hesitate to drop us an email. We hope you enjoy this little endeavour. Eat your veggies.